Wednesday 30 July 2014

Page 19: Working With Children Be Like

1) When kids get out their "flashlights" and search their tents with military precision for bugs then scream and run to me when they find one. You went looking for bugs? You found one? And now you act surprised?


2) In the dining hall line where the children, slowly pile their plate with food. One fry at a time...


3) The counselor reaction when we found out the eighth graders had sneaked into the staff tent and taken all of the Coke (they drink Cola, a cheaper soda. We stock up on good stuff and hide it)


4) When I spent my morning off at the mud obstacle course with fifth grade boys because it looked like fun and then after we jumped in the lake they ran off to their next session and I collected up all of their wellies "rain boots" and took them across camp back to the obstacle course because they forgot -_-


5) When sassy girls ask me how many s'mores I've had then tell me how many calories are in each


6) Trying to serve sixth graders at a BBQ
    (The concept of queuing has yet to move across the pond)





No comments:

Post a Comment