Monday 11 August 2014

Page 23: Echo Olympics "Break Out"

"Echo Olympics 2014 Morocco/Iceland"
Photo from Camp facebook page

A banner flown by a helicopter over camp announced the start of the Olympics. Casual.

How most camps announce Olympic "Break Out"
How Camp Echo announces Olympic "Break Out"

I didn't mind if I was on white or blue team. I just wanted to sing songs and paint my face. Sadly, this was not meant to be. I'm a judge instead, which means I am again obligated to wear yellow (this summer in my head shall henceforth be known as "The year I kept getting asked to wear yellow even though I am blonde and it was genuinely part of my job").

My suitability for judging a sporting event was questioned by everyone (including myself). I'm a judge because I live in a staff cabin and it's easier for admin purposes rather than any kind of sporting feat. But that didn't stop me from informing enquirers it was due to my "fine athletic abilities" (anyone who has ever seen me attempt to play a sport will recognize the hilarity int his statement.

My athletic ability, perfectly demonstrated by this dog

After accidentally referring to the Basketball courts as 'pitches' and exclaiming that John Wall was a musician the athletic staff assigned me to encouraging campers to cheer rather than keeping score...

"I ain't no musician!"

No comments:

Post a Comment